The Backpod™ is a practical New Zealand innovation for treating upper back and neck pain. It is especially effective for the very common hunched, tightened upper back which drives most neck pain and headache. The Backpod™ is also beneficial for the condition 'Costochondritis'.
- Three out of four people will get upper back or neck pain, including headaches.
- A hunched forward upper back underlies most neck problems - and we all have to bend forward to do things.
- This hunching has further increased with new technology like laptops, tablets and smartphones - which have small screens that cannot detach from their keyboards.
- A Backpod™ is designed to strech out a tightened, stooped upper and middle back.
- The user guide includes the stretches, strengthening exercises, massage and posture you need to look after your own back and neck.
- Use the Backpod™ on it's own or with treatment from your doctor, physiotherapist, osteopath, chiropractor, massage therapist, or personal trainer.
- Instructional videos with stretches, strengthening exercises, massage and posture are on the Backpod™ website.
The inventor of Backpod™
“I have worked as a New Zealand physiotherapist treating backs and necks in my own practices for over 30 years. This amounts to over 40,000 personal patient treatments.
I developed the Backpod™ and its programme from that expertise and experience in what actually works.”
Steve August, B.A, Dip Physio