The Backpod™ is a practical New Zealand innovation for treating upper back and neck pain. It is especially effective for the very common hunched, tightened upper back which drives most neck pain and headache.
- Three out of four people will get upper back or neck pain, including headaches.
- A hunched forward upper back underlies most neck problems - and we all have to bend forward to do things.
- This hunching has further increased with new technology like laptops, tablets and smartphones - which have small screens that cannot detach from their keyboards.
- A Backpod™ is designed to strech out a tightened, stooped upper and middle back.
- The user guide includes the stretches, strengthening exercises, massage and posture you need to look after your own back and neck.
- Use the Backpod™ on it's own or with treatment from your doctor, physiotherapist, osteopath, chiropractor, massage therapist, or personal trainer.
- Instructional videos with stretches, strengthening exercises, massage and posture are on the Backpod™ website.
The inventor of Backpod™
“I have worked as a New Zealand physiotherapist treating backs and necks in my own practices for over 30 years. This amounts to over 40,000 personal patient treatments.
I developed the Backpod™ and its programme from that expertise and experience in what actually works.”
Steve August, B.A, Dip Physio